Changelog in Windows Server 2012 R2 (What’s New ?)
Table of Contents
What’s New in windows server 2012 R2
Windows Server 2012 R2 has over 300 new features, and it’s the fi rst Microsoft Server OS that has connectivity with the cloud. Explaining all of those features would take much more than a chapter (which is, of course, why we wrote a book!), but let’s use these fi rst few pages to give you the lay of the land. Now, we realize that some reading this book are just getting started with Windows Server, and so for them, everything is new, but many others of you reading this already know tons about Windows networking and would just like a summary of what’s new in Server—this chapter summarizes that and where to fi nd it in the book.
By now, we’ve sat through about a zillion Microsoft presentations on Windows Server, and
they all start the same way, so apparently we’re required by law (or at least by custom) to present the following as the fi rst heading when doing an overview.
In this post, main content:
- The dramatic changes to the user interface
- New Active Directory features enhancing deployment and manageability
- Improvements to PowerShell
- New technology added to Hyper-V
- Enhancements to Windows networking, making it faster and more secure
- The new management tools
- The important features of IIS 8.0
Windows Server 2012 R2 Introduction