What is SAP PLM Recipe Development or Recipe Management ?
What is a customer need ?
With old version SAP ERP 6.0 , SAP PLM Recipe Management based on SAP – GUI. There are no more new developments from SAP AG, and it’s not part of S/4HANA.
But with SAP Recipe Development, based on SAP web-ui. There are new developments from SAP and new features with each Enhancement Package, and it’s part of S/4HANA.
Purpose of SAP PLM
- Manage the distribution of development resources, where a ‘single source of the truth’ is critical (RM specs, label compliance)
- Have highly variable raw materials (mass change)
- Must meet global and customer expectations (brand movement)
- Collaborate with external sources and regulatory agencies
- Need to increase quality while maintaining effective product innovation
- Must manage complex regulatory processes (pharmaceuticals)
- Want to limit legal/brand liabilities (tobacco)
- Have regional variations that affects tracking/reporting
- Develop new products in highly regulated environment (FDA, USDA)
- Manage of intellectual property to expedite development (re-invention)
- Account for variances in regional and local regulatory needs
- Develop a lot of new products and variations every year
1. SAP PLM Recipe Management
2. SAP PLM Recipe Development
TO BE CONTINUED !!