Overviews Document Management System in SAP ERP 6.0
Table of Contents
- 1 Overviews Document Management System in SAP ERP 6.0
- 1.1 1. What is SAP Document Management System (DMS)?
- 1.2 2. Basic Process Workflow of SAP Document Management System (DMS)
1. What is SAP Document Management System (DMS)?
SAP DMS (Document Management System) is a cross application component of SAP ECC that provides robust document, content and digital asset management capabilities. DMS is powered by SAP® NetWeaver™. SAP DMS is a major component of the SAP PLM solution.
If a company is using SAP software, business processes such as manufacturing, sales, purchasing, engineering, and finance are likely being executed and managed within the SAP system. When selecting which documents to manage within SAP DMS, you should select documents that support such business processes. Key documents are then gathered into one location where the business process is being executed. This makes the data more widely available and less difficult to find, and allows updates to be managed in a controlled manner.
2. Basic Process Workflow of SAP Document Management System (DMS)
SAP Menu >> Logistics >> Central Functions >> Document Management System
Basic transaction code in SAP Document Management System. ( One of components of SAP ERP)
- CV01N – Create DIR (Directory – One shortname usually in MS-DOS)
- CV02N – Change DIR
- CV03N – Display DIR
- CV04N – Find DIR
- CVI1 – Create Recipient List
- CVI4 – Displays the recipients for documents
- CVI8 – Start distribution for document
- CVI7 – Start distribution for recipients lists
- CVI9 – Log of document distribution
- DC10 – Define Document type
- DC20 – Define Data carrier
- DC30 – Workstation application customizing
Important Tables in Document Management
- DRAW – Document Info Record
- DRAT – Texts for Document Info Records
- DRAZ – Table for Additional Files for DMS Originals
- DRAO – Originals for documents
- DRAOZ – Additional Files for DMS Originals
- DRAD – Document-Object Link
- DRAP – Document Log File
Examples of the Uses of Document Management System
In the design office, document management system can be used to manage drawings. All design drawings can be linked to material masters.
A routing contains the sequence of operations for manufacturing a product. Documents can be allocated to the operations in a routing as production resources/tools. These documents may be used, for example, to describe the specifications of a product, or to store inspection requirements.
[button color=”green” size=”medium” link=”https://nistsap.com/document-management-system-p2/” icon=”fa-angle-double-right” target=”true”]TO BE CONTINUED[/button]